Monday, November 10, 2008

How long IS your driveway he asks.

The beans are here.  I was a bit worried that the driver would circle the island several times in attempt to deliver and then just leave a nasty gram telling me i can come pick them up in CLACKAMAS.   So the only thing now that leaves me scratching my head is the Harrar.   I thought it was going to be organic.  Nuts.  

In local island news...looks like the Max Radke benefit was a huge success.  The fire department and local volunteers did an outstanding job pulling together a dinner/auction event this past Saturday night at the fire station.  And while I haven't heard  how much was raised,  I witnessed Dianne Kunkle's raspberry/cherry pie going to the bidder that put up $100!  I ended up with a rose bush donated from Bailey's Nursery.  What I really wanted win was a massage from Mary Parson of Field's of Healing (fieldsofhealing@hotmail.com).  If you haven't let her lay her hands on you, you are missing out - she is talented.  

I'd also like to give a shout out to Amy Prince of  clothespincards.com - a good friend as well as fan mail artist.   Go to her link for stuff to mail to the people you worship.

More later,  time for a cup of decaf and a slice of fresh hot apple pie.
Brenda

No comments: